While Saffron powder is good for colds and coughs, stomach issues, uterine bleeding, insomnia, flatulence and heart trouble, it is also great for the skin. It is rich in manganese, which regulates blood sugar and in turn gives you glowing skin.
You can combine this power spice with milk. When you do that, it helps in improving digestion and appetite, keeps your skin healthy and enhance your immunity. Drinking this every night before you go to sleep promotes sound sleep. Saffron powder oil can make your skin glow.
Here are some benefits of saffron powder for your skin and how to make the most of it…
- For radiant skin
- To lighten your skin
- To treats acne and blemishes
- To treats dull skin
For radiant skin
Saffron powder when applied in the form of a face pack promotes radiant and smooth skin. Apply it once a week for good results.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of sandalwood powder, 2 to 3 strands of saffron powder and 2 spoons of milk
- Wash you face and wipe it with cloth before you apply it on your skin.
- Apply it while your face is wet.
- Massage your skin thoroughly in circulation motion.
- Let it dry for 20 minutes
- Rinse it off.
To lighten your skin
Saffron powder helps your skin lighten naturally. Adding few strands to milk can give you glowing complexion. Expectant mothers are given milk and saffron powder as it is good for the fetus in the womb. You can even sprinkle strands of saffron powder in warm bath water. Let it soak for 20 minutes. Then use this water for bath.
- Soak few strands in milk for 2 hours.
- Apply this milk on your face and neck
- Wash it off after a few minutes
- Use this regularly
To treats acne and blemishes
Saffron powder is an effective remedy for the treatment of acne, blemishes and blackheads. It will help get rid of acne and pimples. Basil leaves can eliminate the bacteria that cause acne and pimples.
- Mix 5-6 basil leaves with 10-12 strands of saffron powder and make a fine paste.
- Apply this on your face.
- Wash off with cold water after 10-15 minutes.
To treats dull skin
This mask allows you to freshen up your dull skin as well as remove dark circles. It exfoliates your skin and improves blood circulation. This makes your skin smooth and glowing.
- Add 2-3 strands of saffron powder to one teaspoon of water.
- Keep it overnight.
- Add one teaspoon of milk, 2-3 drops of olive or coconut oil and pinch of sugar in this water.
- Dip a piece of bread and dab it in your face.
- Allow it to dry for 15 minutes
- Then wash off