If you’re into health and wellness, you can’t have missed golden milk. In case you haven’t heard about it, it’s a warm drink made with milk, turmeric and other spices, such as ginger and cinnamon. It’s hyped at the moment as it has turmeric in it which is believed to have powerful effects on our health.
So what is so good about turmeric? It’s has been shown in studies to be anti-inflammatory and possibly preventing cancer and preventing Alzheimer’s, to name a few.
Something to remember though is that in these studies, it’s the effect of curcumin, which is the active component in turmeric, that’s been studied. In addition, the doses used in the studies are massive, and would be hard to get through your diet alone as turmeric only has about 3% curcumin. So what you can do is add turmeric to your diet when you make curries, soups or why not make yourself a nice cuppa golden milk to get a little bit of goodness in you.
SAFFRON TURMERIC GOLDEN MILK
This anti-inflammatory and mood boosting golden milk is a delicious drink to enjoy any time of the day!
- Course Drinks
- Cuisine Dairy Free
- Prep Time1 minute
- Cook Time 4 minutes
- Total Time 5 minutes
- 240 ml 1 cup milk of your choice (I like to use oat milk)
- 25 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 25 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cardamom pods
- Small pinch of black pepper
- A few strands of saffron powder about 2-3 strands
- Honey optional
- Add a third of your milk into a sauce pan. Heat up until it gets hot, but not to the boil.
- Add all the spices, stir until incorporated.
- Pour the rest of the milk into the pan, and cook on a medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- If you wish to have your drink sweetened, add a teaspoon or two into your drink.